History of Clove Essential Oil
Cloves have multiple historical notations, including its use as the “Four Thieves Vinegar” used by grave robbers to protect themselves from the plague in the 15th century and in Hildegard’s Medicine, a compilation of early German medicines by highly regarded herbalist Hildegard of Bingen.
This beneficial herb has also been used historically by healers in China and India as part of medicinal treatments.
In addition to evoking a sense of protection and courage, clove essential oil also has properties as a mental stimulant that encourages sleep and stimulates dreams.
Clove Essential Oil Can Be Found In:
- Mountain Mint
- Dentarome Toothpaste
- Dentarome Plus Toothpaste
- Dentarome Ultra Toothpaste
- K & B
- KidScents Toothpaste
- Longevity Softgels
- Thieves Foaming Hand Soap
- Thieves Household Cleaner
- Thieves Lozenges (hard)
- Thieves Lozenges (soft)
- Thieves Spray
- Thieves Wipes
Origin of Clove Essential Oil
- Spice Islands
How Clove Essential Oil is Made
This essential oil is steam distilled from the flower bud and stem of the plant. Young Living has a proprietary process called Seed to Seal® that controls the process of creating an essential oil from the very beginning with the seeds all the way until it is bottled so that their final product is of the purest on the market.
How to Use Clove Essential Oil
- Dilute one part essential oil with four parts V-6 Vegetable Complex or another pure vegetable oil
- Apply two to four drops on a targeted location, gums, or mouth
- Apply to chakras and/or Vita Flex points
- Take as a dietary supplement
- Put a drop on the back of the tongue for a natural tickling cough remedy
Disclosure: Clove is a hot oil so you will want to be careful how you use it. Check out our Use & Safety page for best practices.
DIY Ideas for Clove Essential Oil
- Tooth Health Support – Enjoy supporting the health of your teeth by adding a drop of Clove to your toothpaste. Beware you will feel a warming sensation on your gums but fear not, all the good is being done once the essential oil is added to your toothpaste.
- Oil Pulling – Add Clove or Thieves (which is a blend that has Clove in it) to a tablespoon of coconut oil and put in your mouth and swish for 15 to 20 minutes. I remember thinking, how can anyone do that? Then I started Oil Pulling right before I would take a shower and by the time I was done I would be able to finish the Oil Pulling by spitting out what is left.
- DIY Home Cleaner – Clove is a strong oil and is great for cleaning the home. Not to mention it has a yummy smell so it makes cleaning a pleasure.
Find out how you can get your hands on Young Living’s Therapeutic Grade Essential oils today by filling out our form and clicking on Get Started!