History of Frankincense Essential Oil
“Frankincense” is derived from the Medieval French word for “real incense” and is a well-known anointing oil in the Middle East with use in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. Given to Christ at his birth, Frankincense was valued more than gold during ancient times, and only the wealthiest and those that had great abundance were able to enjoy its benefits.
As a key element in many religious ceremonies and histories, Frankincense has over 52 mentions in the Bible. Some of the most notable references are:
“And the Lord said unto Moses, Take unto thee sweet spices, stacte, and onycha, and galbanum; these sweet spices with pure frankincense; of each shall there be a like weight:” – Exodus
“And when any will offer a meat offering unto the Lord, his offering shall be of fine flour; and he shall pour oil upon it, and put frankincense thereon:” – Leviticus
“And he shall bring it to Aaron’s sons the priests; and he shall take thereout his handful of the flour thereof, and of the oil thereof, with all the frankincense thereof; and the priest shall burn the memorial of it upon the altar, to be an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the Lord.” – Leviticus
Frankincense essential oil has properties that evoke spiritual awareness, improvement in attitude, uplifting of spirits, meditation, and stimulation of key areas in the brain.
Frankincense Essential Oil Can Be Found In:
- 3 Wise Men
- ART Day Activator
- ART Gentle Foaming Cleanser
- ART Night Reconstructor
- Boswellia Wrinkle Cream
- Brain Power
- CortiStop Women’s
- Egyptian Gold
- Exodus II
- Highest Potential
- Into the Future
- Kidcents Tender Tush
- Longevity Softgels
- Progessence Plus Serum
- Trauma Life
- Valor Bar Soap
- Wolfberry Eye Cream
Origin of Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense has an origin in Somalia
How Frankincense Essential Oil is Made
This oil is steam distilled from the gum or resin of the plant
How to Use Frankincense Essential Oil
- Apply two to four drops on a targeted location
- Apply to the chakras or Vita Flex points
- Inhale directly
- Dilute one drop of essential oil in four drop of V-6 or pure vegetable oil, put into a capsule, and take one capsule before each meal or as desired when used as a dietary supplement.
DIY Ideas for Frankincense Essential Oil
- Beauty Products: A drop of Frankincense can be added to your face cream for increased benefits.
- Meditation: Apply Frankincense to your temples or diffuse during your time of meditation
- Attitude Adjustment: Ever have moments where you know you have a bad attitude yet you can’t seem to stop it? Apply Frankincense to help alleviate the aggravation and turn your frown upside down.
Find out how you can get your hands on Young Living’s Therapeutic Grade Essential oils today by filling out our form and clicking on Get Started!