History of Galbanum Essential Oil
Galbanum was noted by Dioscorides, an ancient Egyptian historian, for its multiple medical properties. It also has mention in Egyptian papyri as well as the Old Testament for its medicinal and spiritual properties.
Biblical References to Galbanum Essential Oil
“And the Lord said unto Moses, Take unto thee sweet spices, stacte, and onycha, and galbanum; these sweet spices with pure frankincense: of each shall there be a like weight:” – The Book of Exodus
Fragrant Properties of Galbanum Essential Oil
Galbanum is known to be balancing and harmonic. This oil can awaken your spirit and encourage meditation and is especially calming when combined with frankincense or sandalwood.
Key Properties of Galbanum Essential Oil
Galbanum Essential Oil Can Be Found in These Young Living Products:
- Exodus II
- Highest Potential
Origin of Galbanum Essential Oil
Galbanum is native to Iran.
How Galbanum Essential Oil is Made
It is steam distilled from the gum, or resin, that is derived from the stems and branches
How to Use Galbanum Essential Oil
- As a dietary supplement, dilute one part oil with one part pure vegetable oil or V-6 vegetable complex. Put into a capsule and take as needed or up to three times a day
- Apply 2-4 drops on a targeted location, on the chakras, or on the Vita Flex points
- Direct inhalation
- Diffuse at work or home for up to one hour three times a day
DIY Ideas for Galbanum Essential Oil
- Meditation Time: This oil along with Frankincense or Sandalwood are great to diffuse while spending your time Meditating.
- Bath Time: When your body seems to be a little out of whack try adding a few drops of this oil to your bath.
Find out how you can get your hands on Young Living’s Therapeutic Grade Essential oils today by filling out our form and clicking on Get Started!