History of Myrrh Essential Oil
Myrrh is listed in some of the earliest and most important works in ancient medicine such as the Ebers Papyrus, an Egyptian list of 877 prescriptions and recipes from 16th century B.C., and in Hildegard’s Medicine, a compilation by noted herbalist Hildegard of Bingen of early German medicines.
Biblical References to Myrrh Essential Oil
“And they sat down to eat bread; and they lifted up their eyes and looked, and behold, a company of Ishmelites came from Gilead with their camels bearing spicery and balm and myrrh, going to carry it down to Egypt” – The Book of Genesis
“And their father Israel said unto them, If it must be so now, do this; take of the best fruits in the land in your vessels, and carry down the man a present, a little balm, and a little honey, spices,and myrrh, nuts, and almonds:” – Genesis
“Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,” – The Book of Exodus
Fragrant Properties of Myrrh Essential Oil
Myrrh essential oil promotes feelings of spiritual awareness and can create an uplifting atmosphere. This oil has also been shown to stimulate key areas of the brain that control memory and emotions.
Key Properties of Myrrh Essential Oil
Beta- and Gamma-Elemenes
Myrrh Essential Oil Can Be Found in These Young Living Products:
- Animal Scents Ointment
- Boswellia Wrinkle Cream
- Egyptian Gold
- Exodus II
- Rose Ointment
- Sandalwood Moisture Cream
- White Angelica
Origin of Myrrh Essential Oil
This oil has its native roots in Somalia
How Myrrh Essential Oil is Made
This oil is steam distilled from the gum/resin of the plant
How to Use Myrrh Essential Oil
- Apply 2-4 drops on targeted locations
- Apply to the chakras and/or the Vita Flex points
- Direct inhalation
- Diffusing at work or home
- Consuming as a dietary supplement
Myrrhmaids at EssentialOils.love
Looking for a community of like-minded women on a similar journey to health and wellness? Check out Myrrhmaids!
DIY Ideas for Myrrh Essential Oil
- Diffuse: Enhance your prayer and meditation time by diffusing Myrrh to increase your spiritual awareness.
- Bathtime: Add a few drops of Myrrh to your Epsom salt before pouring it into your bathtub
- Facial Moisturizer: Try adding a drop to your facial moisturizer for a few weeks. Take a before picture and then another picture 2 to 3 weeks later and see what happens!
Find out how you can get your hands on Young Living’s Therapeutic Grade Essential oils today by filling out our form and clicking on Get Started!