History of Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint was said to be part of the “Marseilles Vinegar” or “Four Thieves Vinegar” used by bandits who robbed graves during the 15th century to protect themselves from the plague.
Fragrant Properties of Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil has been shown to stimulate the conscious mind, increase mental accuracy, and stimulate certain centers of the brain.
Key Properties of Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil Can Be Found in These Young Living Products:
- Aroma Siez
- AromaGuard Mountain Mint Deodorant
- CinnaMint Lip Balm
- CortiStop Women’s
- Dentarome Toothpaste
- Dentarome Plus Toothpaste
- Dentrarome Ultra Toothpaste
- Digest + Cleanse
- KidScents Mightyzyme
- KidScents Toothpaste
- Mineral Essence
- Morning Start Bar Soap
- Morning Start Bath & Shower Gel
- Ortho Ease Massage Oil
- Ortho Sport Massage Oil
- Peppermint-Cedarwood Bar Soap
- Progessence Plus Serum
- Regenolone Moisturizing Cream
- Relaxation Massage Oil
- Relieve It
- Satin Facial Scrub Mint
- Thieves Lozenges (hard)
- Thieves Lozenges (soft)
Origin of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Mediterranean area
- Great Britain
- North America
How Peppermint Essential Oil is Made
This oil is steam distilled from peppermint leaves
How to Use Peppermint Essential Oil
- Dilute one part oil with two parts pure vegetable oil or V-6 Vegetable Complex
- Apply one to two drops on a designated location such as the abdomen or temples
- Apply to chakras or Vita Flex points
- Inhale directly
- Diffuse at work or home
- Take as a dietary supplement
Note: When using this oil, avoid contact with the eyes, fresh wounds, sensitive skin or the mucous membranes and do not apply to infants younger than 18 months old.
DIY Ideas for Peppermint Essential Oil
- Energy and Alert Boost: Put a drop of Young Living’s Peppermint on your tounge for a refreshing boost of energy and alertness. It also helps with afternoon lulls.
- Stomach Ease: A Peppermint tea will help sooth your tummy and if you are on the go, just put a drop on your tongue. Just smelling the bottle can help too!
Find out how you can get your hands on Young Living’s Therapeutic Grade Essential oils today by filling out our form and clicking on Get Started!